What we do
German and English translations
As we translate, we also
- research terms and special phrases
- convey the meaning in a way that reflects the target language and culture in style and content and is
- in line with your individual style guides and tonality (corporate language)
For a successful search engine optimization in the English-speaking area, a basic knowledge of the culture and market is very important since the search terms often differ very much from the German language.
Good editing is becoming increasingly important. Translating a text is only half the battle – but how do you ensure it speaks your company’s language while sounding natural? Our translators will also be happy to read through your text and make sure that no grammatical errors have crept in.
- We are also happy to write texts for you. Monthly reports, contents for the website, press releases, letters, etc. Send us the key points and our team will create a professional text, or send us your draft and we will add the finishing touches.
Terminology management (company glossaries)
- The selection and use of appropriate and company-specific terminology is essential for a uniform corporate language with recognition value.
- We use the most modern methods to keep track of your company’s distinctive vocabulary and product descriptions – even over many years.
Machine translation + post editing
Machine translation works quite well for German and English, but it needs extra work before it can be used for business. If confidentiality is not a worry for you, ask us about our trained “post editors” who can exploit this output for your company.
Ask us about
- an English glossary for your company;
- setting up and maintaining your own online company glossary;
- neural machine translations and “full post-editing”.
Our special subject areas
- Financial reports: according to IFRS, the Austrian/German Commercial Codes, US GAAP
- Technical documentation: Terminology must be right even when the source text only consists of fragmented sentences or lists.
- Research and development: Research is often academic and written in a very sophisticated style. Patents call for technical understanding and the translator needs to be able to handle specialized terminology
- Trade and commerce: here the most important factor is to tailor the communication to fit the consumer audience.
- Marketing: calls for its own special promotional, creative and emotional language style.
- Tourism: requires an understanding of the region, knowledge and feel for the mentality and phrasing specific to a certain geographic area. Understanding the source text correctly can be crucial.
- Banks and insurance companies: a correct and comprehensible translation is often not possible without background knowledge about processes in finance and the insurance business.
- Government/Ministries: Texts for the government usually tend to be in an academic style; specialized EU vocabulary is indispensable!
In an increasingly digital age, it’s now more important than ever for your company to be seen as well as read about. We can transcribe your marketing videos, maximizing your company’s presence on a global scale.